Armadillos may not look like any other creature from North America, but they can certainly be as destructive as the finest of them. Armadillos mainly make their houses in the southern states of the US and in regions of Mexico and South America in which the soil is warm and soft. While normally, these creatures are thought of as harmless (dare I say cute in a nasty way) critters, they’re able to do a considerable quantity of damage to your house.
Armadillos are considered pests by landscapers, homeowners and gardeners alike because of their incessant need to dig. Not only do they have to dig for their meals, but most of the issues that arise around armadillos are about their burrows. Armadillos obviously don’t understand that some areas are not ideal to dig their burrow, so they frequently end up under your house or your porch. Should they burrow too close to the supporting beams of your porch/house/etc. It can actually make the foundation of your structures to crack! Do not let this happen to you, there are a number of things that you could do to eliminate your armadillo problem.
1. Attempt to trap the armadillo. There are many ways to begin trapping an armadillo, however, the typical ways to go about it is to either trap them with a trapping apparatus or grabbing them by hand (not a simple task). However, you must check with your state’s regulations concerning trapping.
2. Call a professional. Professionals are out there for a reason and you don’t want to hurt yourself or the animal. This is the easiest and cheapest way to begin getting rid of your pest problems. I’ve spent plenty of time compiling this list of just the best and accredited companies to assist you with Critter Control Austin Tx.
3. Exclude them from the house by constructing fences around your entire yard, your backyard or around the foundation of any structure they’ve been digging at.
4. Relocate them to a forested area which will give them no reason to make their way back to your own dwelling.
5. Fill in the burrow once you’ve gotten rid of the armadillos, otherwise the other family of creatures may move in.
1. Not only is it ineffective, it is dangerous to all other animals, your pets and your family to lay out poison.
2. Take them or use any other inhumane method of getting rid of them.
3. Purchase and use repellents; they just do not work and you are going to wind up wasting your cash.
4. Don’t put up your fence without getting rid of the armadillos from your lawn first.
When In doubt, call a professional near you to assist you with your problem. This is the easiest (and most economical in certain cases) way to handle your Armadillo issues.